Our Investment Philosophy
There are no restrictions on the industries in which we will invest, however Gabriel Investments will focus more on companies in business and consumer services where group members understand the proposed businesses and can add value based on their personal experiences and areas of expertise. These industries include direct marketing, software, distribution, communications, and technology, among others.
We typically lead or collaborate in fundraising rounds ranging from $500k – $2M, with our initial investment ranging from $250k – $500k. Gabriel Investments will make follow-on investments at that same level or greater based on an evaluation of the company’s progress.
We prefer investments that meet the following criteria:
- An opportunity that is sufficient to create at least $25 to $100 million in revenues.
- A compelling, well-articulated strategy for capturing and defending a significant market share.
- Opportunities where the idea is scalable and the audience is consumer or business based.
- Strong management (not necessarily a complete team) with relevant and successful experience.
- A clear path to profitability that fits within our expectations for the investment.